Zappa Plays Zappa, the Grammy winning group that features Frank Zappa’s son, Dweezil Zappa and has made and recreated history performing the music of Frank Zappa over the past 8 years, is set to embark on an epic musical trek across the UK celebrating the classic Frank Zappa album Roxy & Elsewhere. In celebration of the 40th anniversary of that pivotal Zappa fan favourite, the entirety of its repertoire — including the provocative rhythms of Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing? Echidna’s Arf (Of You) and Be -Bop Tango (of the Old Jazzmen’s Church)* will be performed live on stage. Zappa Plays Zappa will hit the road premiering songs that have not been performed on previous tours and cutting its teeth on additional surprise material. Dweezil says The Roxy album has always been one of my favourites and I’m excited to play it top to bottom. It has a great balance of musical styles and showcases some of the funkiest grooves and most devilishly frenetic instrumental passages my father ever composed.
Zappa plays Zappa – Roxy & Elsewhere
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Booking Fees: There is a ££2.00 booking fee per ticket for this event. This fee applies to all bookings.
- Online: a transaction charge of £1 applies to all online bookings.
- Phone: a transaction charge of £1.50 applies to all phone bookings.
- Counter/ In Person: there are no transaction charges for in person bookings.
- Tickets dispatched as standard mail incur a £1 postage fee. Tickets can only be posted to UK addresses.
- Tickets printed and made available for venue collection will incur a £1 handling fee.
- Tickets sent electronically as an E-Ticket will incur a 50p fee.