As part of the BBC SSO’s performances of all nine symphonies by Vaughan Williams, under Associate Guest Conductor Andrew Manze, the Eighth comes under the spotlight today. The first performance was given by the Hallé Orchestra in Manchester in 1956 and the composer dedicated the work to Sir John Barbirolli. Andrew Manze will examine the score in detail – there’ll be excerpts from some of the other symphonies – before he and the BBC SSO give a complete performance of the work. On sale 7th Oct
BBC SSO: Vaughan Williams – Symphony No.8
Sunday 10 November 2013, 2.00pm
Tickets: Free - limited to two tickets per application
- Online: a transaction charge of £1 applies to all online bookings.
- Phone: a transaction charge of £1.50 applies to all phone bookings.
- Counter/ In Person: there are no transaction charges for in person bookings.
- Tickets dispatched as standard mail incur a £1 postage fee. Tickets can only be posted to UK addresses.
- Tickets printed and made available for venue collection will incur a £1 handling fee.
- Tickets sent electronically as an E-Ticket will incur a 50p fee.